A winter vacation doesn’t necessarily have to be a skiing vacation. Here in the region Zell am See-Kaprun much more than slopes is waiting for you.
Cross-country ski trails between glacier, mountain and lake: cross-country skiers will be excited about more than 300km trails, among them the 50km long “Pinzgau-trail” through the valley of Pinzgau. A special attraction are the higher trails on the Schmittenhöhe and Kitzsteinhorn.
Cross-country skiing is possibly by night too. The night trail in Zell am See-Kaprun is illuminated until 10.00 pm.
In the company of a well trained mountain or ski guide you will be able to climb the mountain yourself! Sounds good?
First experiences can be gathered along the slopes of the Schmittenhöhe, on the well marked ski tours in the glacier skiing region Kitzsteinhorn or at the ski touring mountain Ronachkopf in Thumersbach.
Winter hiking in Zell am See-Kaprun
Gaining popularity is a wonderfully relaxing winter activity: winter hiking.
More than 140km of snow cleared winter hiking trails are at your disposal – all around the lake of Zell, on the frozen lake, at slight altitudes through snowy forests and even on 2000m from the Schmittenhöhe to the Sonnkogel. A winter hiking guide will lead you. The winter hiking program of the Schmittenhöhe corporation in Zell am See contains some amazing highlights:
- Nordic walking
- Winter hiking Höhenpromenade
A reservation in advance is necessary. Either at our reception or directly at the info center of the Schmittenhöhenbahn corporation. Please take some sturdy footgear (winter boots with a good grip or mountain boots) as well as hiking or ski touring poles with you!
Advent and Christmas time in Zell am See
Experience an Advent full of stars in Zell am See and spent a magical and amiable stay here in the pre-Christmas period.
Bookable from 10.12. to 25.12.2021
from € 378.00 per person
- 3 nights in the selected room category
- Including breakfast with bio corner, freshly made scrambled eggs, wellness area with Finnish sauna, Swiss stone pine sauna, infrared booth Luis Trenker, relaxing area with heat recliner seats, indoor swimming pool with counter-current system
- Candlelight gala dinner on the 2nd evening, hot mulled wine and chestnuts at the open fire on the terrace and self-made Christmas cookies
- Bathrobe, slippers and towels for the wellness area
- One token for the solarium